Monday 4 July 2011

I may never be quite satisfied but that's the only way I know

picnikfile_cgjVqu picnikfile_tp8dQh

picnikfile_PiVFdp

mixed print shirt; urban renewal @ urban outfitters / velvet skirts; topshop / longline black bralet (underneath); topshop / jewellery; eBay, fashionology and fashionstereotype.


I failed! I didn't post a Sunday Shoes post, but I do have reason to the rhyme! I've just found two outfit posts and I thought it'd look a bit silly if I posted my newest pictures with shorter hair, and then followed it with some pictures with long hair - maybe I'm being my usual hyper-critical self but I do like continuity! Sunday Shoes will be up this Sunday coming (while I fly to Cyprus!)

I've had this shirt for about a year now, but I haven't posted it for some reason. I really love it! I got it in the Urban Outfitters sale for about £20 I think instead of £50 and I just love how unusual it is. I've never seen it on anyone else which makes a change too! It's sheer so I wore it with a bralet - I'd usually go for a black bodycon dress or a black vest of some sort, but I felt a bit brave and wore my bralet instead. It's really not as obvious as I thought it would be and I'd definitely wear it like this again. I think a normal bra might not look right, but a black bralet works nicely and works well for the day. I have a nude sheer shirt I'd like to try this with, but do you think a black bralet would be too obvious with that? I'd appreciate your advice!

My sister took these photographs for me again, and I love how the setting sun came across the photographs. I don't know anything about photography, so I don't know if that's technically good or anything but I like it :)

I took part in that twitter #bbloggers thing last night, anyone else think we should have a #fbloggers tag?! Although that's blatant stealing. I'm sorry if I clogged up your feeds with my tweets but I found some really talented bloggers through it and look forward to taking part in them again! I definitely recommend it! I discussed what I like in a blog, which is hearing about the blogger themselves, not just what they're wearing. I feel that it makes blogging more social, and us fashion bloggers (I prefer to coin myself an outfit blogger, fashion insinuates I know about fashion. I don't.) have to be careful we don't come across too materialistic/shallow. I try to get that across on my blog and show you my personality because my blog is so personal to me, but I'd love any feedback from you about it! Either in the comments/formspring/email/twitter! :)

HOW gorgeous was the weather this weekend? Such a shame I was working! Hope you had a chance to enjoy it!

P.S. If you click the images, it take you to my Flickr where you can usually find more pictures that I didn't end up posting. They usually show a bit more detail if your interested at all!

9 comments:

  1. That shirt is amazing! So unusual, but I love it!

    http://lowri-armsaroundamemory.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that shirt, it's really unique. A lovely outfit and gorgeous pictures!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shirt is really nice, very unusual

    Rianna xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lipstick looks really great on you!

    http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. that lippppy.....rawr!! LOVE LOVE x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi darling. thanks for stopping by me, what a cute blog
    i love that shirt it's brilliant
    hope you're having a great week so far
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing shirt! I love the lipstick you look amazing!!
    Loving your blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for following me on twitter. I don't know anything about photography either haha but I like the way your photos came out too. I think the bralette looks perfect with your blouse. I definitely would wear a black bralette with a nude colored top for a little colorless blocking lol. I've been on the hunt for a neutral colored bralette though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this shirt is amazing, the pattern clashing is perfect. glad to see you're back updating, enjoying catching up on your posts after my holiday!

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions, feel free to tweet me @daisy_kate :)!